I am excited to run for re-election to the Lexington School Committee on March 7, 2022. I bring the depth of my experience as a School Committee member for the past six years—including two years as Chair and two years as Vice-Chair—as well as my continued passion for providing the best education for our students.
As a professional educational researcher and an active parent in our schools for more than 20 years, I care deeply about inspiring students to enjoy the process and joy of learning. Through education, we hope to stimulate their passions and cultivate life-long skills to help them become critical thinkers, caring adults, and engaged citizens of the world.
- Advocate for education that serves students of all abilities and cultivates life-long skills for thinking, engagement, and compassion
- Balance academic growth with caring for the social, emotional, physical, and mental health needs of students
- Promote an inclusive community and culturally responsive curriculum that includes all histories, experiences, and identities
- Prudent planning for the high school building that balances space needs with fiscal concerns
We need sound and balanced judgment to address the complex challenges our system faces, such as increasing enrollment, school building needs, demographic changes, and student mental health. I will strive to bring a thoughtful, reasoned approach to issues that is informed by staff and community input.
PROVEN EXPERIENCE AND IMPACT
- Chair, School Committee 2018-2020; Vice-Chair, 2020-2022
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion CIT (Community Input Team) – working toward designing an integrated DEI curriculum for all students
- LPS Strategic Plan Synthesis Team – developed & drafted LPS Strategic Plan that outlines the district’s mission, vision, and core values
- Co-chair, Superintendent Search Committee that led to hiring of Dr. Julie Hackett, in a transparent process with community & staff input
- Chair, Policy Subcommittee – drafted new policies on homework, field trip/travel, and others
- School building projects – new Hastings School, LCP preschool, and middle school additions; planning for high school building
- Student mental health & well-being – continued work on addressing student well-being and mental health